Climb Snowdon on a Guided Walk
- dates: Tue 26 Apr -
- duration: 1 day
- experience rating: 1
- location: Menai Bridge show map
- price: from £40.00 pp
- availability: Places Available
About the Break
Have a great day out with our fully qualified professional guides as we attempt to climb to the summit of Mount Snowdon, which at 1085m or 3560ft, is the highest mountain in England and Wales. Snowdon is at the heart of the Snowdonia National Park. Why not dig out your walking boots and come and join us to share the exhilaration of scaling Snowdon’s slopes and enjoy some of the most spectacular scenery the UK has to offer.
The new Snowdon Visitor’s Centre, Hafod Eryri, recently opened on the summit. Costing £8.4million it really is a feat of engineering and offers some staggering views while you can enjoy a cup of tea.
The day is a sociable event and, with a maximum of 8 people per guide, we’ll move at a comfortable pace for the group. You’ll be guided by expert local mountain professionals, who are fully qualified to lead groups in the mountains. All our guides are also qualified in remote area first aid and will carry group emergency kit. They have a wealth of knowledge about Mount Snowdon, and the Snowdonia area in general. Whether its geography, geology, plant life, wild life or myths and legends
Your guide will choose the most suitable walking route for the group, according to the prevailing weather. A day on Snowdon takes between five and seven hours, including breaks and a lunch stop.
How fit do I have to be?
If you do some form of regular weekly exercise or have a physical job, you should be fine. If you do no regular exercise and have a desk job, you’ll find it hard but not impossible. If you are unsure, contact us. When we arrive back at the hotel you’ll have a chance to relax before meeting up for dinner and a glass or two of wine, congratulating ourselves on our achievement!
For your comfort and safety on this weekend you will need good quality leather or leather and gortex walking boots - local hire is available (pre booking essential). You will also need a full set of waterproofs (jacket and trousers). Please also ensure you have a rucksack and plenty of warm clothes including fleeces, hats and gloves. We will send you a recommended clothing list when you book.
- Guided walk to the summit of Snowdon
- Experienced and fully qualified guides
- First aid cover
- Digital photos of the day (put on a special website for you to access)
Itinerary & What to Bring
- 8:30am: Meet your walking guide at Pen y Pass.
- 5:00pm: Transfer back to hotel
- 7:30pm: Dinner at hotel (included) and drinks afterwards
- 4:00pm: Transfer back to hotel, farewells (in time for catching London train)
What should I bring?
Please remember to bring the following clothing and equipment with you.
- Walking boots with ankle support (local hire is available at £5 per pair, pre-booking is essential)
- Waterproof jacket and over trousers (these don't necessarily have to be expensive breathable types). We have a limited store of spare waterproofs if people don't have their own
- Warm outdoor clothing (fleeces, jumpers, tracksuit / jogging bottoms / leggings).
- Warm hat and gloves, even in the summer.
- Rucksack for your daily use (approx. 25 - 35 litres)
- Rucksack liner (bin liner)
- Water bottle
- Flask (if you want hot drinks during the day)
- Headtorch, if you have one
Drive to Menai Bridge or take the train to Bangor (3 miles from the hotel) where we offer a pick you up at certain times, free of charge.
Menai Bridge is well connected to the UK’s road network via North Wales’s A55 coastal expressway which links to the M6 and the A5 from the M54. The drive to Menai Bridge takes around 4½ hours from London, about 2 hours from Birmingham or Manchester or considerably less from Liverpool or Chester.
For route details see http://www.theaa.com/travel
Excellent guiding from Dringo Adventure - Thanks
Jon: Climb Snowdon Weekend
Really good fun. Excellent instruction and guidance, patient and clear - felt safe. Great sense of satisfaction and variety in 2 days.
Caroline: Climb Snowdon Weekend
I had a really nice time. Both guides were very friendly and professional - it was perfect. Please come up with Alpine excursions soon!
Dagmar: Climb Snowdon Weekend
Booking: Climb Snowdon on a Guided Walk
You can book and pay securely online by clicking on the add to cart links. All your details, including your debit or credit card number, are securely encrypted using 128-bit SSL before being processed on Paypal’s secure servers.
|Snowdon Guided Walk||£40.00 pp|
Download a booking form here if you prefer to book and pay by cheque through the post.